Chatbots Magazine Become a Writer Intro to Chatbots

Join Sure as our Lead Developer (Node.js)

(Juraj Pal) #1

At Sure we are working on changing the cumbersome experience of getting food and drink recommendations. We believe computers should do the legwork for us and deliver a simple and focused experience. If you’re interested in developing our chatbot and recommendation engine further this is the job for you.

As our Lead Developer you will work closely with the product team and CTO to deliver an amazing experience for our growing base of users. We are a small team and therefore you will play a central role in everything.

About you :muscle:

• Strong proficiency with JavaScript ES6 and Node.js
  • Be on top of the latest technologies in chatbots and messaging and knowledge of the Facebook Messenger and Slack platforms
  • Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
  • Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
  • Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
  • Good architectural sense and a passion for high-quality code
  • You’re a self-starter with an innovative approach to tackling challenges
  • Love the ups and downs of early stage startups
  • Interest and/or experience in data science is a plus.

Our team is spread across Vancouver, London and Copenhagen but you can also work remotely.
Interested? :eyes:

Reach out to Sebastian at with something relevant you’ve built.

You can read a little bit more about us here:

(Joseph Burchett) #2

Just tried it on Facebook Messenger and no locations popped up for me :frowning: I am in the USA, California to be more specific. I gave it my location and bit shocked you guys were not able to find something to recommend. You can use the Google Places api, Yelp api or Foursquare api with Nodejs pretty easily to get back some recommendations :slight_smile: Hopefully soon you will expand to the USA! Always looking for a new place to try.

(Juraj Pal) #3

Thanks for giving it a try! We decided to focus on a few cities before rolling out everywhere simply to validate the concept. We are now ready to expand globally so very soon you will be able to use it too :wink: