Connecting a bot to a Facebook global page

Hi everybody,

Do you knwo how to connect a bot on a Facebook global page?

To be more specific:
Can you connect the bot only to one of the local page? Or do you have to connect the bot to the root page necessarily?

I’d be really interested to know if anybody is facing this situation.

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers :slight_smile:
Ben

I am really puzzled when you say “local” and “global” facebook page… You make the page and anyone who can get to facebook can access the page.

Could you explain what you mean?

Hi @jburchett,

Thanks for your answer!

I am talking about this particular type of Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/www/331800410323820

Do you see what I mean now ?

Ben

When you create a bot in the developer admin site you need to specify what page to link that bot to. Then when users message that page they will be able to communicate with the bot. I don’t know if the page type matters.

Indeed, I have already connected several bots to several pages without any problem.

My issue is: in the case of a global page, what is considered a page? The root page or the market page ?
I think only someone who is admin in a global page could answer that question unfortuately :frowning:

Do you know anyone?

I wish I could be of more help but until you brought this topic up I didn’t even know these type of pages even existed… Leave it to facebook to complicate simple things. I don’t know for sure but id think it be the marketing page. Messenger is pretty new so id say the only way to really know is to just try it and see for yourself.

Yes!

I’ll update this post when I find out for sure :wink:

Thanks for helping :+1:

1 Like