Chatbots Magazine Become a Writer Intro to Chatbots

What is the best way to market / advertise your Chat Bots?

(kristinar) #1

I know there are a few chat bot ad networks out there, but they are relatively new.

Are there other ad platforms / networks that you use to advertise your chat bots?

Historically, I’ve heard display and social native ads don’t convert too well.

There are marketplaces for Kik, but not for FB Messenger.

Besides PR and articles in the tech industry press, what other methods have you used to socialize or market your bots to the public?

All ideas and comments welcomed!

(maxi) #2

we tried lots of strategies so far
Both digital (Facebook Ads, google ads, promoted posts, cross promotion) and traditional (press, printed media)

The only thing working for us are printed booklets on venues

(kristinar) #3

When you say “printed booklets on venues,” does that mean actual handouts at events?
Lol thanks for the clarification.

Our bot was featured on Kik bot shop - and we did see a lift, but much like the IOS App Store - it’s up to their programming team to determine who is in those top rotational spots.

(Rain Sepp) #4

Hey,
I think you should be thinking who would use your bot and why. that quickly guides you where you need to be with it. Just out of interest, is it global or some specific market/ region? best, rain

(kristinar) #5

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Global. The age /demo targets will vary by bot type / category ( news, weather, sports, games, entertainment, event specific bots etc). But it’s across the board. There are a lot of potential viral marketing opportunities, but it seems traditional marketplaces are slim, overall consumer understanding of bots low ( depends on demo of course), and in-app ads don’t seem to perform even when targeted. All ideas that scale and success stories welcomed.

(RyanMaynard) #6

I used to run ad product at Kik but recently started a chatbot marketing company called ChatDynamo. We are helping great chatbots with their facebook advertising efforts and have seen success driving high engagement at low rates. We’re also building tools to help chatbot owners with discovery and monetization. Please contact me at ryan@chatdynamo.com if you’re interested in any of these topics. We’d love to work with you!