Chatbots Magazine Become a Writer Intro to Chatbots

Developing a bot

(christine.grove) #1

Hi all

I am a researcher who is looking to develop a chatbot mental health. what the main areas I should be asking for in the budget?

I know development will be the major cost but any ideas of breaking this down further?

Thanks so much!!

(Ronny de Winkel) #2

Working on a Business Case for my graduation thesis as well, found this:

"Let’s take a look at what the estimate of chatbot development usually includes:
Integration with one chat
– the duration depends on bot complexity, but on average it takes 40-56 hours. Creation of a communication interfaceCommand language user interpreter
– depends on number of teams. On average it takes 40-56 hours.Natural language user interface
– depends on number of teams. On average it takes 120-160 hours. Business logicAdaptation of existing business logic, if there already are web applications or APIs for mobile app. It depends on the amount of logic.

On average it takes 120-160 hours.Creation of business logic from scratch. It depends on the amount of logic. On average it takes 160 - 192 hours.

The approximate cost to build a chatbot from scratch can be anywhere from $6000 to $12240. "

from: https://rubygarage.org/blog/how-much-does-it-cost-to-build-a-chatbot

perhaps it could help

(christine.grove) #3

Thank you so much for your response. It is really helpful!

(chatbot.tk) #4

Thanks Ronny. That seems like good news for chatbot developers.

Christine, for starters you may break down the basic elements of a chatbot design as follows:

• A user interface.
  • A chatbot engine.
  • A chatbot brain.

In the simplest terms, the user interface gets input, the chatbot engine loads the chatbot brain which then processes search patterns against the input, to return a response back to the user interface.