Chatbots Magazine Become a Writer Intro to Chatbots

ChatBots to scale small Businesses

(Deven Bhooshan) #1

This is an interesting story I want to discuss with the community.

Vegforsure is a small grocery delivery company in Jodhpur, Rajasthan India
( Jodhpur is a tier-2 city in terms of technology penetration). Whatsapp and phone call is the most preferred medium through which business happen in this city.

(Vegforsure) uses Whatsapp to deliver grocery items to the customer’s doorstep. As everything is manual currently, he is able to handle only 100 orders in a day. I talked to the founder of company. He wants to scale his business but at the sametime he doesnot have the funds/money to build the full app.

I am launching a ChatBot for this small business in a day or two :slight_smile: . The use case is simple - Take the orders from the customers and display them on a webpage so that he can ship them.

I feel Chatbots are going to help such small businesses a lot.
Is there any similar story ?
What other use cases you think will help such small businesses ?

Post a link to the chatbot you are currently working on!
(Vinay Chandra) #2

Totally agree with you Deven… IMHO Bots are ideal for individual professionals such as lawyers, accountants, doctors, and others who are totally under served by technology and have to figure out everything for themselves. Also, all of these professionals have money to pay on a recurring basis if you can deliver a solid service with returns that help them either retain or increase their clientele.

The biggest challenge is reaching out to them to make them understand the value for a small revenue upside. We have to find a way to reduce the cost of such customer acquisition, otherwise, this target market is hard to sustain BUT if somebody can figure out the HOW then you have a gold mine of thousands of customers who will stay with you for a long long time.

Wish you good luck.